Monday 29 February 2016

TOGOLESE STEALS BABY IN LAGOS

Image result for A Togolese woman accused of kidnapping a month-old-baby
A Togolese woman has been accused of kidnapping a month-old-baby at the Okokomaiko area of Ojo Local Government Area of Lagos State.
The suspect was alleged to have conspired with one Sekinat, also a Togolese, to steal the baby, Mustapha Ibrahim.
Sekinat, source said, lives in the same compound with the parents of Ibrahim at 14, Ago Street, Okokomaiko.
The boys’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ganiyu Ibrahim, said they were still in shock over the betrayal of trust.
Sekinat has lived in the same compound with the Ibrahims for over five years.
In the course of those years, she had become very close to the couple.
It was gathered that a day before the kidnap, Sekinat had introduced the suspect to the parents of the baby as her elder sister.
This prompted the parents of the baby to allow the alleged kidnapper to have a feel of their baby The suspect kidnapped the baby on February 20 around 3pm, while the baby’s mother was having her bath.
Mrs. Ibrahim said: “On Friday before the incident, Sekinat, whom we call aunty, brought the lady and introduced her to us as her elder sister. I allowed her to play with my baby. A few minutes later, she handed my son to me and left. “The following day, Sekinat left around 7am for Alaba International Market, where she runs a food canteen. She left her elder sister at home with the baby. When I discovered the suspect was still in Sekinat’s room, I didn’t entertain any fear due to the earlier introduction made by Sekinat. Around 3pm, my son fell asleep. I decided to quickly bath. On returning to my room, I discovered that my baby was not where I left him.“Immediately, I raised the alarm. My neighbours informed me that they saw a lady with a baby. They didn’t stop her because they thought the baby was her son. All effort to trace her proved abortive.”
Confirming the story, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, said the case was being handled by the command Gender Desk Unit.
Badmus added that efforts were on to track down the suspect with possible recovery of the stolen baby.
She added: “We are already getting Interpol department of the force involved.
“Very soon, the child will be reconciled with his mother.”
Badmus warned parents against entrusting their children to strangers, stressing that the incident of the Ibrahims would serve as warning to mothers not to be careless with their wards or kids

No comments:

Post a Comment