Wednesday 15 June 2016

PAKISTANI SENATOR DENIES ATTACKING ACTIVIST -VIDEO



Ms. Marvi Sirmed is a Human right activist in Pakistan and a Senior journalist. She is a voice against killing and violent against women.the News reported that she was threatened with a rape during a panel debate on the Nadia Mirza Show a video show the Senator trying to hit at her. during a current affairs program broadcast on News One
.
Marvi  Sirmed appeared as  a guest  alongside Hafiz Hamdullah, a member of the upper house of parliament from the Jamiat   Ulema -e- Islam Party, a conservative senator.and a barrrister Masroor sahid to debate the latest spate of honour killings




Ms Marvi while explaining said 
“He started abusing me with the worst possible expletives. (He) called me a whore and said ‘tumhaari shalwaar utaar dooN ga aur tumhaari maaN ki bhi’.”
This translated to some form of abused when he said
 “I will strip off your dress and will do the same to your mother too”. 
 he had to be held back while he was throwing punches at her, before News One security eventually appeared to take him away.
Marvi added,
“And this religious merchant was fasting while he did all this,” she concluded, referring to the fact that it’s currently Ramadan. 
This is her post on facebook.
I've just undergone a very traumatic experience at a News One program (Nadia Mirza Show) when Hafiz Hamdullah of JUIF got angry on a comment by Barrister Masroor. When my turn came, I started my comment by saying "I agree with Masroor sahib to the extent that..." and here Hamdullah cut me and went on and on with his arrogance and rudeness. I responded in almost the same coin. And that's when he started abusing me with worst possible expletives. Called me a whore and said "tumhaari shalwaar utaar dooN ga aur tumhaari maaN ki bhi". I returned this to his own family women. And then he tried to beat me. All of this recorded in camera. Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan held him so his punches don't reach me. He had to be taken away by the News One security.
And this religious merchant was fasting while he did all this.
The cases of violent against women are shown below according (AWF)
A 2014 report by the Aurat (Woman) Foundation, a women’s rights group based in Islamabad, said that every day of the year, six women were murdered, six were kidnapped, four were raped and three committed suicide.
They also reported as many as 7010 cases of violence against women in the province of Punjab. These figures do not include dowry-related violence and acid attacks; crimes which are also serious and frequent.
According to Pakistan’s independent Human Rights Commission, nearly 1100 women were killed in Pakistan last year by relatives who claimed they had ‘dishonoured’ their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment